Report: Referee from Super Bowl XLVI will work Patriots-Colts this Sunday
|11.15.12 at 1:54 pm ET|
John Parry will work as the referee for Sunday’s Patriots-Colts game, according to our friends at FootballZebras.com. Parry, who has worked as an NFL official since 2000, was the referee for last year’s Super Bowl XLVI between the Patriots and the Giants. According to Pro Football Reference, it marks the second New England game of the year for Parry — he worked the Patriots’ 52-28 win over the Bills in Buffalo on Sept. 30.
Parry is a financial advisor (with a snappy looking web page regarding that area of his work here.) Officiating is in his blood — his father, Dave Parry, was the former Supervisor of Officials for the Big 10, and worked as the side judge in Super Bowl XVII. For more on Parry’s work and tendencies as an official. check out his page at Pro Football Reference.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...