Report: Referee from Super Bowl XLVI will work Patriots-Colts this Sunday
|11.15.12 at 1:54 pm ET|
John Parry will work as the referee for Sunday’s Patriots-Colts game, according to our friends at FootballZebras.com. Parry, who has worked as an NFL official since 2000, was the referee for last year’s Super Bowl XLVI between the Patriots and the Giants. According to Pro Football Reference, it marks the second New England game of the year for Parry — he worked the Patriots’ 52-28 win over the Bills in Buffalo on Sept. 30.
Parry is a financial advisor (with a snappy looking web page regarding that area of his work here.) Officiating is in his blood — his father, Dave Parry, was the former Supervisor of Officials for the Big 10, and worked as the side judge in Super Bowl XVII. For more on Parry’s work and tendencies as an official. check out his page at Pro Football Reference.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...