Report: Referee from Super Bowl XLVI will work Patriots-Colts this Sunday
|11.15.12 at 1:54 pm ET|
John Parry will work as the referee for Sunday’s Patriots-Colts game, according to our friends at FootballZebras.com. Parry, who has worked as an NFL official since 2000, was the referee for last year’s Super Bowl XLVI between the Patriots and the Giants. According to Pro Football Reference, it marks the second New England game of the year for Parry — he worked the Patriots’ 52-28 win over the Bills in Buffalo on Sept. 30.
Parry is a financial advisor (with a snappy looking web page regarding that area of his work here.) Officiating is in his blood — his father, Dave Parry, was the former Supervisor of Officials for the Big 10, and worked as the side judge in Super Bowl XVII. For more on Parry’s work and tendencies as an official. check out his page at Pro Football Reference.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick