Wes Welker: ‘Hopefully, I’ll be ready’ for Sunday vs. Colts
|11.16.12 at 5:11 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots clearly are trying to preserve Wes Welker as much as possible.
He did not practice on Wednesday and Thursday but returned to Patriots practice on a limited basis on Friday as he continues to nurse a sore ankle, tweaked late in the win over the Rams in London, and again last Sunday against the Bills.
Last Sunday against the Bills, Welker had six catches on 11 targets for 74 yards, including a long of 23 yards. But he didn’t find the end zone and had two drops, including one in the first half that would’ve been a touchdown had he held on. His second drop, late in the fourth quarter, would’ve given the Patriots a game-clinching first down.
For Welker, being back on the practice field Friday was a very good thing.
“I feel good,” said Welker. “It’s nice to get out there and get some reps, and hopefully I’ll be ready for the game.”
The Patriots list him officially as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Colts and report he was limited during Friday’s practice.
“You just take it day by day,” Welker said. “You never know, so you just continue to try and get better and do what you can to help the team.”
Is he close to 100 percent?
“I don’t know, it’s just numbers,” he said. “I don’t know if anybody’s 100 percent at this point in the season. I don’t know where I’m at. But I’m just looking forward to getting better and trying to contribute on Sunday.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed
- New England Patriots: Updated Draft Big Board After First Wave of Free...
- Tyler Gaffney Released by New England Patriots
- Tom Brady Issues Statement on Recovery of Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey
- Video of Alleged Suspect Stealing Tom Brady's Super Bowl 51 Jersey Aired...