Wes Welker: ‘Hopefully, I’ll be ready’ for Sunday vs. Colts
|11.16.12 at 5:11 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The Patriots clearly are trying to preserve Wes Welker as much as possible.
He did not practice on Wednesday and Thursday but returned to Patriots practice on a limited basis on Friday as he continues to nurse a sore ankle, tweaked late in the win over the Rams in London, and again last Sunday against the Bills.
Last Sunday against the Bills, Welker had six catches on 11 targets for 74 yards, including a long of 23 yards. But he didn’t find the end zone and had two drops, including one in the first half that would’ve been a touchdown had he held on. His second drop, late in the fourth quarter, would’ve given the Patriots a game-clinching first down.
For Welker, being back on the practice field Friday was a very good thing.
“I feel good,” said Welker. “It’s nice to get out there and get some reps, and hopefully I’ll be ready for the game.”
The Patriots list him officially as questionable for Sunday’s game against the Colts and report he was limited during Friday’s practice.
“You just take it day by day,” Welker said. “You never know, so you just continue to try and get better and do what you can to help the team.”
Is he close to 100 percent?
“I don’t know, it’s just numbers,” he said. “I don’t know if anybody’s 100 percent at this point in the season. I don’t know where I’m at. But I’m just looking forward to getting better and trying to contribute on Sunday.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know