Patrick Chung: ‘Gotta love business’
|11.18.12 at 3:26 pm ET|
FOXBORO — In a cryptic message two hours before kickoff Sunday against the Colts, Patrick Chung tweeted Gotta love business. That tweet was taken down just minutes later.
About 20 minutes after Chung’s tweet, he was scratched for a fourth straight game. Chung has been practicing with the team and participated on a limited basis during all three practices this week before getting scratched on Sunday.
Chung injured his shoulder against the Seahawks, and this week a hamstring injury was added next to his name on the official injury report.
With the addition of Steve Gregory in the offseason, the move of Devin McCourty to his old spot at strong safety and the addition of left corner Aqib Talib, there has been rampant speculation that Chung, in the final year of his rookie contract, is playing his final season for the Patriots.
Chung was signed to a four-year, $5 million rookie contract after being drafted in the second round (34th overall) out of Oregon in the 2009 NFL draft.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick