Patrick Chung: ‘Gotta love business’
|11.18.12 at 3:26 pm ET|
FOXBORO — In a cryptic message two hours before kickoff Sunday against the Colts, Patrick Chung tweeted Gotta love business. That tweet was taken down just minutes later.
About 20 minutes after Chung’s tweet, he was scratched for a fourth straight game. Chung has been practicing with the team and participated on a limited basis during all three practices this week before getting scratched on Sunday.
Chung injured his shoulder against the Seahawks, and this week a hamstring injury was added next to his name on the official injury report.
With the addition of Steve Gregory in the offseason, the move of Devin McCourty to his old spot at strong safety and the addition of left corner Aqib Talib, there has been rampant speculation that Chung, in the final year of his rookie contract, is playing his final season for the Patriots.
Chung was signed to a four-year, $5 million rookie contract after being drafted in the second round (34th overall) out of Oregon in the 2009 NFL draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England