Poll: How much do reports of Gronk’s broken arm change Pats’ expectations?
|11.18.12 at 9:39 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Rob Gronkowski left Sunday’s game late in the fourth quarter and went to get X-rays on his forearm, which is broken, according to a report by CSNNE’s Tom Curran. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Gronkowski suffered the injury on the Patriots’ eighth and final extra point of the game late in the fourth quarter.
The news is potentially devastating, especially in light of the fact that Gronkowski set an NFL record Sunday for most consecutive seasons with at least 10 touchdowns by a tight end. He was not available during the media availability postgame and did not speak with reporters.
Gronkowski finished with seven catches on seven targets, 137 yards receiving and two touchdowns. His final catch of the day came on the Patriots’ next-to-last scoring drive, an 11-yard catch on third-and-8 to the Patriots’ 33. He was tackled by Antoine Bethea.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know
- Devin McCourty Comments on Decision to Skip White House Visit with Donald...