Target Practice: Tracking opportunities in Patriots passing game
|11.20.12 at 12:02 am ET|
Targets have been compiled by the NFL since the start of the 2009 season, and while it remains an imperfect stat ‘ a badly thrown ball from a quarterback can often go against the record of the receiver as opposed to the quarterback ‘ it remains a good indication of the confidence level a passer might have in his pass catcher. Here’s a look at the target breakdown for the New England passing game through the first 10 weeks of the 2012 regular season:
WR Wes Welker: 73 catches on 105 targets
TE Rob Gronkowski: 53 catches on 75 targets
WR Brandon Lloyd: 46 catches on 82 targets
RB Danny Woodhead: 23 catches on 28 targets
WR Julian Edelman: 18 catches on 26 targets
TE Aaron Hernandez: 17 catches on 24 targets
WR Deion Branch: Nine catches on 20 targets
RB Stevan Ridley: Six catches on 11 targets
RB Shane Vereen: Five catches on eight targets
RB Brandon Bolden: Two catches on two targets
TE Daniel Fells: Two catches on six targets
TE Michael Hoomanawanui: Two catches on three targets
TE Kellen Winslow: One catch on two targets
TOTALS: 257 catches on 392 targets
Wide receiver: 146 catches on 233 targets
Tight end: 75 catches on 110 targets
Running back: 36 catches on 49 targets
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...