Third-quarter notes: Patriots 35, Jets 12
|11.22.12 at 10:52 pm ET|
EAST RUTHERFORD — The third quarter is complete here at MetLife Stadium, and the Patriots remain in control, holding a 35-12 edge.
‘¢The Jets were unable to do anything with their first possession of the second half. Meanwhile, the Patriots crossed into New York territory on their first drive of the quarter, but Julian Edelman coughed it up on a nasty hit from New York safety LaRon Landry. (The tunrnover sparked more “Te-bow” chants, but Rex Ryan and the Jets did not oblige.) The hit was severe enough for New England to remove Edelman from the game — the team later announced that he had a head injury, and his return was questionable.
‘¢Following the Patriots turnover, New York sent more fans for the parking lots when they got all the way down to the New England 1-yard line, but couldn’t punch it in midway through the third quarter. The Jets got their first real break of the night after the Patriots took over when running back Stevan Ridley was called for a chop block on a pass play where Brady was dropping back to pass while he was in the end zone, drawing a safety and cutting New England’s lead to 35-5.
‘¢The Jets got their first touchdown of the night after the Patriots punted to them following the safety. Bilal Powell had a 4-yard touchdown run at the end of a relatively uneventful four-play, 71-yard drive that made the score 35-12 with 4:41 remaining in the third quarter.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...