Third-quarter notes: Patriots 35, Jets 12
|11.22.12 at 10:52 pm ET|
EAST RUTHERFORD — The third quarter is complete here at MetLife Stadium, and the Patriots remain in control, holding a 35-12 edge.
‘¢The Jets were unable to do anything with their first possession of the second half. Meanwhile, the Patriots crossed into New York territory on their first drive of the quarter, but Julian Edelman coughed it up on a nasty hit from New York safety LaRon Landry. (The tunrnover sparked more “Te-bow” chants, but Rex Ryan and the Jets did not oblige.) The hit was severe enough for New England to remove Edelman from the game — the team later announced that he had a head injury, and his return was questionable.
‘¢Following the Patriots turnover, New York sent more fans for the parking lots when they got all the way down to the New England 1-yard line, but couldn’t punch it in midway through the third quarter. The Jets got their first real break of the night after the Patriots took over when running back Stevan Ridley was called for a chop block on a pass play where Brady was dropping back to pass while he was in the end zone, drawing a safety and cutting New England’s lead to 35-5.
‘¢The Jets got their first touchdown of the night after the Patriots punted to them following the safety. Bilal Powell had a 4-yard touchdown run at the end of a relatively uneventful four-play, 71-yard drive that made the score 35-12 with 4:41 remaining in the third quarter.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick