Target Practice: Tracking opportunities in Patriots passing game
|11.27.12 at 8:16 am ET|
Targets have been compiled by the NFL since the start of the 2009 season, and while it remains an imperfect stat ‘ a badly thrown ball from a quarterback can often go against the record of the receiver as opposed to the quarterback ‘ it remains a good indication of the confidence level a passer might have in his pass catcher. Here’s a look at the target breakdown for the New England passing game through the first 11 games of the 2012 regular season:
WR Wes Welker: 80 catches on 115 targets
TE Rob Gronkowski: 53 catches on 75 targets
WR Brandon Lloyd: 49 catches on 88 targets
RB Danny Woodhead: 24 catches on 29 targets
WR Julian Edelman: 20 catches on 29 targets
TE Aaron Hernandez: 19 catches on 27 targets
WR Deion Branch: Nine catches on 20 targets
RB Shane Vereen: Seven catches on 10 targets
RB Stevan Ridley: Six catches on 11 targets
TE Daniel Fells: Three catches on eight targets
RB Brandon Bolden: Two catches on two targets
TE Michael Hoomanawanui: Two catches on three targets
TE Kellen Winslow: One catch on two targets
TOTALS: 275 catches on 419 targets
Wide receiver: 158 catches on 252 targets
Tight end: 78 catches on 115 targets
Running back: 39 catches on 52 targets
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...
- Super Bowl 51 Champion New England Patriots Visit President Trump at...
- Rob Gronkowski Interrupts Sean Spicer's Press Briefing During White House...