Wide receiver Jeremy Ebert could be on his way back to join Patriots
|11.27.12 at 11:34 am ET|
It appears that wide receiver Jeremy Ebert is set to sign with the Patriots’ practice squad. Ebert, who was drafted in the seventh round by New England in April, was released by the Patriots shortly before the start of the season. He latched on with the Eagles’ practice squad, but was cut loose soon after that.
Ebert is a 6-foot, 195-pounder who put together impressive back-to-back seasons in 2010 and 2011 at Northwestern, when he had a combined 137 catches — as a senior, he had 75 receptions, 1,060 yards and 11 touchdowns. For his college career, he had 156 catches and 20 career receiving touchdowns.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick