Report: Ron Winter will work as referee for Patriots-Dolphins
|11.29.12 at 4:14 pm ET|
Ron Winter will work as the lead official for this weekend’s Patriots-Dolphins game, according to our friends at FootballZebras.com.
Winter, who was promoted from line judge to official in 1998, has worked as a college professor at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Sunday will mark his first New England game of 2012 — his last Patriots game came late in the 2011 season when he served as the referee for a Patriots-Colts game at Gillette Stadium, a contest that ended with New England coming away with a 31-24 win.
Some eventful Patriots games he worked in the past as a referee include a 2000 Thanksgiving Day loss to the Lions in Detroit — a game where Tom Brady threw his first pass as a professional. In addition, he was the referee for an October 2003 game between the Patriots and Titans at Gillette. That game was a 38-30 win for New England, a game that started the Patriots’ 21-game win streak.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Conor McDermott NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for Seattle Seahawks'...
- Deatrich Wise Jr NFL Draft 2017: Scouting Report for New England...
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season