Report: Ron Winter will work as referee for Patriots-Dolphins
|11.29.12 at 4:14 pm ET|
Ron Winter will work as the lead official for this weekend’s Patriots-Dolphins game, according to our friends at FootballZebras.com.
Winter, who was promoted from line judge to official in 1998, has worked as a college professor at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Sunday will mark his first New England game of 2012 — his last Patriots game came late in the 2011 season when he served as the referee for a Patriots-Colts game at Gillette Stadium, a contest that ended with New England coming away with a 31-24 win.
Some eventful Patriots games he worked in the past as a referee include a 2000 Thanksgiving Day loss to the Lions in Detroit — a game where Tom Brady threw his first pass as a professional. In addition, he was the referee for an October 2003 game between the Patriots and Titans at Gillette. That game was a 38-30 win for New England, a game that started the Patriots’ 21-game win streak.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty