Key moment: Patriots drive towards a division title
|12.02.12 at 4:24 pm ET|
The Dolphins had just cut the Patriots lead to 20-13 after a 33-yard Dan Carpenter field goal with 8:50 left in the fourth quarter.
The Patriots offense had been spotty in the second half after putting up 17 points in the first half, including a three-and-out to start the second half.
But the Patriots were dominant when they needed to be, orchestrating a 16-play, 77-yard drive and most importantly, consuming 7:18 of game clock and exhausting Miami’s final two timeouts.
Stevan Ridley was huge, carrying the ball 10 times for 46 yards on the drive.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know