What will be the key to the game?
|12.10.12 at 5:46 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The 11-1 Texans can all but clinch a first-round bye and close in on a No. 1 seed in the AFC while the 9-3 Patriots can take a huge step toward locking up a first-round bye with a victory on Monday night football.
The Patriots have the No. 1 offense in the NFL and have scored at least 20 points in 11 of their 12 games this season.
The Texans have NFL defensive player of the year favorite J.J. Watt, who enters with 16.5 sacks, second to Aldon Smith.
In addition to Stevan Ridley and Shane Vereen, the Patriots will have another running back weapon at their disposal, as Brandon Bolden was added to the 53-man active roster. He hasn’t played since injuring his knee on Oct. 14 and is coming off a four-game suspension for violation of the NFL PED policy.
So many variables. What will be the biggest?
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick