Michael Crabtree: Hats off to Niners D for ‘stopping my dude Tom Brady’
|12.17.12 at 3:25 am ET|
He knew it probably wouldn’t last forever.
And it didn’t. But in the end, the Niners did just enough to disrupt Brady and stopped him on two drives when it mattered late in the fourth quarter in a 41-34 win over the Patriots at Gillette Stadium.
“Tonight was a good night for us, for our offense, making it happen at the end. I just [take] my hat off to the defense for stopping my dude, Tom Brady. That’s one of my favorites and I’m going to keep saying it.”
Crabtree certainly did his part, catching a pair of TD passes from Colin Kaepernick, including the go-ahead on with 6:25 left after Brady and the Patriots climbed out of a 31-3 hole.
“Just trying to make a play,” Crabtree said. “I told Kap to just put the ball up and he did and I took off running. Not at all. Just taking charge. I have to take advantage they give to me. It was a five-yard hitch. I have to make it happen. I just took it.
“Everything is football. Anything can happen. Cap trusted me and we made it happen.”
Crabtree finished with seven catches and 107 yards on the night.
“It was really about us, executing plays,” Crabtree said. “Those guys [Patriots D] did good. They stopped us on a couple of plays but it’s a fight. We won the fight.
“We proved that we can win against a good offense. We can win a shootout. Whatever it takes, that’s our motto. We came up with the ‘W’.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied