|Third-quarter notes: Patriots 16, Jaguars 13||12.23.12 at 3:16 pm ET|
Three quarters are in the books, and New England now holds a 16-13 lead. Here are a few quick notes:
It was a relatively uneventful third quarter, as both teams continued to struggle offensively — since going up 13-3, the Jaguars have punted the ball four times and added an interception into the mix (as well as an end-of-half drive). Meanwhile, the Patriots were able to take the lead for the first time all afternoon with an early field goal.
The Patriots took their first lead of the day on their first drive of the third quarter with a nice sequence that included passes to Brandon Lloyd of 16, 14 and nine yards. New England wasn’t able to punch it in — Jeremy Mincey made a nice pass breakup on a ball for Danny Woodhead — and settled for a 38-yard field goal on its opening drive to make it 16-13 with 11:48 remaining in the third quarter.
On their final drive of the fourth quarter, the Patriots were able to get down to the Jags’ one-yard line with a nice drive that included a sweet 25-yard pass play from Tom Brady to Wes Welker. (Welker also added a nine-yard gain on an end-around.)
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- The Potential Importance Of Jake Ballard
- Four Missing From Second Day Of Patriots OTAs
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 8
- New England Patriots Links 5/21/13 - Watching for Early Signs of...
- Tedy Bruschi Elected To Patriots Hall Of Fame
- Jason Vega Speaks With the Pulpit
- Rob Gronkowski Undergoes Successful Forearm Surgery