Third-quarter notes: Patriots 21, Dolphins 0
|12.30.12 at 6:45 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The third quarter is done here at Gillette, and the Patriots remain in control with a 21-0 lead. Here are a few quick third-quarter notes:
‘¢The Patriots started the third quarter with back-to-back sacks on Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill. First, Vince Wilfork brought him down for a two-yard loss, and then Trevor Scott picked up a five-yard sack on third down to force a Miami punt. (Justin Francis had his second sack of the game with a takedown of Tannehill late in the quarter.)
‘¢Late in the third, the Dolphins had their first real scoring opportunity of the afternoon, as Tannehill guided them to the New England 3-yard line. But Reggie Bush fumbled the ball on the Patriots 1-yard line, giving the ball back to New England with just over four minutes left in the quarter.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied