Third-quarter notes: Patriots 21, Dolphins 0
|12.30.12 at 6:45 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The third quarter is done here at Gillette, and the Patriots remain in control with a 21-0 lead. Here are a few quick third-quarter notes:
‘¢The Patriots started the third quarter with back-to-back sacks on Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill. First, Vince Wilfork brought him down for a two-yard loss, and then Trevor Scott picked up a five-yard sack on third down to force a Miami punt. (Justin Francis had his second sack of the game with a takedown of Tannehill late in the quarter.)
‘¢Late in the third, the Dolphins had their first real scoring opportunity of the afternoon, as Tannehill guided them to the New England 3-yard line. But Reggie Bush fumbled the ball on the Patriots 1-yard line, giving the ball back to New England with just over four minutes left in the quarter.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL