Third-quarter notes: Patriots 21, Dolphins 0
|12.30.12 at 6:45 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The third quarter is done here at Gillette, and the Patriots remain in control with a 21-0 lead. Here are a few quick third-quarter notes:
•The Patriots started the third quarter with back-to-back sacks on Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill. First, Vince Wilfork brought him down for a two-yard loss, and then Trevor Scott picked up a five-yard sack on third down to force a Miami punt. (Justin Francis had his second sack of the game with a takedown of Tannehill late in the quarter.)
•Late in the third, the Dolphins had their first real scoring opportunity of the afternoon, as Tannehill guided them to the New England 3-yard line. But Reggie Bush fumbled the ball on the Patriots 1-yard line, giving the ball back to New England with just over four minutes left in the quarter.
- Halftime: Patriots Struggle Again in 1st Half, Trail Browns 6-0
- Week 14 Game Thread: Patriots vs. Browns
- Patriots vs. Browns: Thompkins, Hoomanawanui Both Inactive
- Belichick on Ridley, Faulk, and Ozzie Newsome
- The Best Around
- New England Patriots Links 12/06/13 - Sunday Spotlight Will Have Pats'...
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended