Third-quarter notes: Patriots 21, Dolphins 0
|12.30.12 at 6:45 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The third quarter is done here at Gillette, and the Patriots remain in control with a 21-0 lead. Here are a few quick third-quarter notes:
‘¢The Patriots started the third quarter with back-to-back sacks on Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill. First, Vince Wilfork brought him down for a two-yard loss, and then Trevor Scott picked up a five-yard sack on third down to force a Miami punt. (Justin Francis had his second sack of the game with a takedown of Tannehill late in the quarter.)
‘¢Late in the third, the Dolphins had their first real scoring opportunity of the afternoon, as Tannehill guided them to the New England 3-yard line. But Reggie Bush fumbled the ball on the Patriots 1-yard line, giving the ball back to New England with just over four minutes left in the quarter.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed