Third-quarter notes: Patriots 21, Dolphins 0
|12.30.12 at 6:45 pm ET|
FOXBORO — The third quarter is done here at Gillette, and the Patriots remain in control with a 21-0 lead. Here are a few quick third-quarter notes:
‘¢The Patriots started the third quarter with back-to-back sacks on Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill. First, Vince Wilfork brought him down for a two-yard loss, and then Trevor Scott picked up a five-yard sack on third down to force a Miami punt. (Justin Francis had his second sack of the game with a takedown of Tannehill late in the quarter.)
‘¢Late in the third, the Dolphins had their first real scoring opportunity of the afternoon, as Tannehill guided them to the New England 3-yard line. But Reggie Bush fumbled the ball on the Patriots 1-yard line, giving the ball back to New England with just over four minutes left in the quarter.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...