|Report: Tony Corrente will work Patriots-Texans as referee||01.08.13 at 1:57 pm ET|
According to our pals over at FootballZebras.com, Tony Corrente will work as the referee for Sunday’s Patriots-Texans divisional playoff contest. In his 18th season as an official and 15th as a referee, Corrente has previously worked two divisional playoffs, three conference championships and Super Bowl XLI.
While he has an impressive track record as an official, he gained a small measure of fame earlier this season when he was caught yelling an obscenity at a fellow official … with his game mic on. As a result, Corrente was docked a game check, and NFL VP of Officiating Carl Johnson called Corrente’s language “inappropriate for a game official.” It’s also noteworthy that Corrente, who will be seeing the Pats for the first time this season, has worked nine New England games since 2000, with the Patriots posting a 7-2 record in that stretch. (With Corrente working as the lead official, New England lost to the Jets in 2002 and the Colts in 2000.)
For more on Corrente’s tendencies as an official, check out his page at Pro Football Reference. And for a look at all the officiating assignments for the weekend, check out FootballZebras.com.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...
- The Potential Importance Of Jake Ballard
- Four Missing From Second Day Of Patriots OTAs
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 8
- New England Patriots Links 5/21/13 - Watching for Early Signs of...