Rob Gronkowski, Vince Wilfork lead list of Patriots who land All-NFL honors
|01.10.13 at 3:57 pm ET|
The honors continue to roll in for the Patriots, as tight end Rob Gronkowski, defensive lineman Vince Wilfork and special teamer Matt Slater were named to the 2012 Pro Football Weekly/Professional Football Writers of America All-NFL team on Thursday.
On Gronkowski, PFW’s Dan Arkush writes, “They don’t make receiving tight ends any better than Gronkowski, whose red-zone chemistry with Patriots QB Tom Brady is a key element in the league’s most productive offense.” Arkush said Wilfork is “arguably New England’s best defensive player,” and that he “commands the trenches and provides an extra dimension with his ability to play both inside or on the edge.” As for Slater, PFW says he’s “a solid gunner [who] is headed to Honolulu for the second time after leading the Pats in special-teams tackles for the second straight season.”
In addition, PFW honored New England defensive end Chandler Jones with a spot on their All-Rookie team, saying he “was an early favorite for defensive rookie honors before an ankle injury slowed him and he finished with six sacks.”
For the complete list of honorees, check out Pro Football Weekly.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...