Poll: How much does losing Rob Gronkowski hurt Patriots Super Bowl chances?
|01.13.13 at 10:26 pm ET|
FOXBORO ‘ According to various reports, Rob Gronkowski needs another surgery after re-injuring his left forearm early in Sunday’s game and is done for the playoffs.
Gronkowski fell hard on the left forearm making a catch out of bounds on New England’s second drive. He immediately went to the bench and was examined by team doctor Tom Gill. He then made his way to the team tunnel and had X-rays which revealed the break.
Gronkowski initially injured the arm blocking on an extra point try on Nov. 18 and had surgery the next day. He came back and played against the Dolphins in the season finale before playing Sunday.
The Patriots suffered a number of injuries in addition to Gronk. Another tight end – Michael Hoomanawanui – was spotted with a big pack of ice on his left knee and left the locker room after the game with a pronounced limp. Chandler Jones injured his ankle late in first half and didn’t play again. Danny Woodhead injured his left thumb on the first offensive play of the game and did not return. WEEI.com’s Chris Price reported Woodhead left with a very large ice pack on his left hand after the game and did not speak with reporters.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Griff Whalen to Patriots: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?