Danny Woodhead at practice but Alfonzo Dennard missing at Patriots return to the field
|01.16.13 at 1:41 pm ET|
Danny Woodhead was in attendance, sporting a white splint on his left hand to protect the thumb injured on the first offensive snap of Wednesday’s game against the Texans. Woodhead was spotted catching balls while working on footwork drills early in practice and was not favoring the thumb.
Bill Belichick indicated on Monday that Woodhead could have returned to the game if needed but did not return as the Patriots built a 38-13 lead and coasted to a 41-28 win. Belichick said Woodhead needed medical clearance to return to practice this week, and judging by his participation on Wednesday, he received it.
Dennard, who suffered knee and hamstring injuries late in the season, was on the field for the last play of the game but was not seen during the 10-minute media portion of practice.
Chandler Jones was also in attendance after injuring his ankle in the first half against the Texans, as was Michael Hoomanawanui, who was seen leaving the locker room Sunday limping with a large ice pack on his left knee.
For more Patriots news, visit the team page at weei.com/patriots. WEEI 93.7FM will broadcast the AFC Championship game between the Patriots and Ravens on Sunday, January 20 at 6:30 p.m.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...
- Marcus Cannon, Patriots Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and...
- Tom Brady Became 5th QB in NFL History to Throw for at Least 60,000 Yards
- Patriots vs. Jets: Full Report Card Grades for New England