Danny Woodhead at practice but Alfonzo Dennard missing at Patriots return to the field
|01.16.13 at 1:41 pm ET|
Danny Woodhead was in attendance, sporting a white splint on his left hand to protect the thumb injured on the first offensive snap of Wednesday’s game against the Texans. Woodhead was spotted catching balls while working on footwork drills early in practice and was not favoring the thumb.
Bill Belichick indicated on Monday that Woodhead could have returned to the game if needed but did not return as the Patriots built a 38-13 lead and coasted to a 41-28 win. Belichick said Woodhead needed medical clearance to return to practice this week, and judging by his participation on Wednesday, he received it.
Dennard, who suffered knee and hamstring injuries late in the season, was on the field for the last play of the game but was not seen during the 10-minute media portion of practice.
Chandler Jones was also in attendance after injuring his ankle in the first half against the Texans, as was Michael Hoomanawanui, who was seen leaving the locker room Sunday limping with a large ice pack on his left knee.
For more Patriots news, visit the team page at weei.com/patriots. WEEI 93.7FM will broadcast the AFC Championship game between the Patriots and Ravens on Sunday, January 20 at 6:30 p.m.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?
- Who Were Patriots Minicamp Stars