Texans CB Johnathan Joseph: ‘We were a better team’ than Patriots
|01.16.13 at 8:51 am ET|
The Texans were sent home by the Patriots on Sunday, a month after being routed by New England in the regular season, but Houston cornerback Johnathan Joseph isn’t convinced the results tell the true story.
“For whatever reason, we didn’t advance,” Joseph said Monday, as quoted by CSNHouston. “I still can’t put that over because I think we were a better team. I think we just didn’t make the plays at the right time.”
Joseph, headed to his second consecutive Pro Bowl, was part of a secondary that allowed 640 yards and seven touchdowns in the two games at Foxboro in which Houston was outscored 83-42. But stats aside, Joseph insists the Texans were right there with the Pats.
“Just four or five plays,” he said. “You take a few of those plays that they made and go the other way, it’s a different ballgame.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Predicting New England Patriots' 2017 Starters After 1st Wave of Free...
- Joe Mixon Reportedly Removed from Patriots' Draft Board Due to Assault...
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons