Texans CB Johnathan Joseph: ‘We were a better team’ than Patriots
|01.16.13 at 8:51 am ET|
The Texans were sent home by the Patriots on Sunday, a month after being routed by New England in the regular season, but Houston cornerback Johnathan Joseph isn’t convinced the results tell the true story.
“For whatever reason, we didn’t advance,” Joseph said Monday, as quoted by CSNHouston. “I still can’t put that over because I think we were a better team. I think we just didn’t make the plays at the right time.”
Joseph, headed to his second consecutive Pro Bowl, was part of a secondary that allowed 640 yards and seven touchdowns in the two games at Foxboro in which Houston was outscored 83-42. But stats aside, Joseph insists the Texans were right there with the Pats.
“Just four or five plays,” he said. “You take a few of those plays that they made and go the other way, it’s a different ballgame.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...