Texans CB Johnathan Joseph: ‘We were a better team’ than Patriots
|01.16.13 at 8:51 am ET|
The Texans were sent home by the Patriots on Sunday, a month after being routed by New England in the regular season, but Houston cornerback Johnathan Joseph isn’t convinced the results tell the true story.
“For whatever reason, we didn’t advance,” Joseph said Monday, as quoted by CSNHouston. “I still can’t put that over because I think we were a better team. I think we just didn’t make the plays at the right time.”
Joseph, headed to his second consecutive Pro Bowl, was part of a secondary that allowed 640 yards and seven touchdowns in the two games at Foxboro in which Houston was outscored 83-42. But stats aside, Joseph insists the Texans were right there with the Pats.
“Just four or five plays,” he said. “You take a few of those plays that they made and go the other way, it’s a different ballgame.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England