Mayor Menino adds to list of Patriots mispronunciations with ‘Wilcock,’ ‘Gonk’
|01.17.13 at 12:36 pm ET|
Boston Mayor Thomas Menino was trying to brag about the Patriots in a televised phone call to the Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings Blake on Wednesday, but once again Menino struggled to get the pronunciations correct.
Menino, wearing a Vince Wilfork jersey, referred to the defensive lineman as “Wilcock” before being corrected by a reporter. Then he mispronounced Rob Gronkowski‘s nickname as “Gonk.”
“We have Tom Brady here,” Menino said. “And Stevan Ridley, I mean, another great guy. And Wilcock. … We have it all. [Aaron] Hernandez is going to do a great job. He’ll step in for Gonk because Gonk’s hurt.”
Menino’s past mistakes include confusing Pats kicker Adam Vinatieri with Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek, calling Kevin Garnett and Rajon Rondo “KJ” and “Hondo,” and referring to Gronkowski and Wes Welker as “Grabowski” and “Wekler.”
- The Heart of a Machine
- Patriots vs. Browns: Three Takeaways
- Patriots vs. Browns: Fan Notes from the Game
- BNOTD: Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski Tears ACL
- New England Patriots Links 12/09/13 - Patriots Celebrate Last-Minute...
- In the Mind of Destruction
- Patriots vs. Browns Final Score: Gronkowski Injured in Dramatic 27-26...