Aqib Talib questionable to return after leaving with thigh injury
|01.20.13 at 7:28 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Patriots starting right cornerback Aqib Talib left late in the first quarter with a right thigh injury and is questionable to return, according to the Patriots.
Talib injured himself on a pass breakup of a Joe Flacco pass intended for Anquan Boldin on third-and-12 from the Ravens 25 with just over five minutes left in the opening quarter. Immediately after the breakup, he came up favoring the right leg and headed to the sideline on his own power.
Talib was seen by team doctor Tom Gill before heading down to the Patriots locker room for further examination. Talib was replaced by Kyle Arrington on the next series at cornerback.
The other notable injury was defensive lineman Kyle Love, who left with a knee injury on the Ravens’ first drive and was also ruled questionable to return.
For more, visit the Patriots team page at weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats