Bernard Pollard: Brady should be fined for cleats-up slide
|01.21.13 at 8:43 pm ET|
In the final minute of the second quarter, the New England quarterback was scrambling for extra yardage when he slid, and it appeared his upraised leg hit Baltimore defensive back Ed Reed.
“If you want to keep this going in the right direction, everyone should be penalized for their actions,” Pollard said, and added that Brady “knew what he was doing. It has to go both ways. Hopefully the NFL will do something about it. If they don’t, that’s fine. If they do, then that’s fine.”
Pollard has gained a large measure of infamy in New England for his hits on Brady (when he caved in the quarterback’s knee in the regular-season opener in 2008, leaving him sidelined for the rest of the year) and Rob Gronkowski (in last year’s AFC title game, a shot that left the tight end hobbled for the Super Bowl).
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction