Bernard Pollard: Brady should be fined for cleats-up slide
|01.21.13 at 8:43 pm ET|
In the final minute of the second quarter, the New England quarterback was scrambling for extra yardage when he slid, and it appeared his upraised leg hit Baltimore defensive back Ed Reed.
“If you want to keep this going in the right direction, everyone should be penalized for their actions,” Pollard said, and added that Brady “knew what he was doing. It has to go both ways. Hopefully the NFL will do something about it. If they don’t, that’s fine. If they do, then that’s fine.”
Pollard has gained a large measure of infamy in New England for his hits on Brady (when he caved in the quarterback’s knee in the regular-season opener in 2008, leaving him sidelined for the rest of the year) and Rob Gronkowski (in last year’s AFC title game, a shot that left the tight end hobbled for the Super Bowl).
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned