Bernard Pollard: Brady should be fined for cleats-up slide
|01.21.13 at 8:43 pm ET|
In the final minute of the second quarter, the New England quarterback was scrambling for extra yardage when he slid, and it appeared his upraised leg hit Baltimore defensive back Ed Reed.
“If you want to keep this going in the right direction, everyone should be penalized for their actions,” Pollard said, and added that Brady “knew what he was doing. It has to go both ways. Hopefully the NFL will do something about it. If they don’t, that’s fine. If they do, then that’s fine.”
Pollard has gained a large measure of infamy in New England for his hits on Brady (when he caved in the quarterback’s knee in the regular-season opener in 2008, leaving him sidelined for the rest of the year) and Rob Gronkowski (in last year’s AFC title game, a shot that left the tight end hobbled for the Super Bowl).
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England