Bill Belichick on season-ending loss to Ravens: ‘It was a crash landing’
|01.21.13 at 10:58 am ET|
“That’s the NFL. The last game, you play a game this time of year, you’re either [in] euphoria or it’s a crash landing,” Belichick said. “And for us yesterday, it was a crash landing. A year ago at this time, it was the other feeling.
“It’s one or the other. There’s no in between and there’s certainly no soft landing. The season is suddenly [over]. The season that is very much alive and with great hopes and expectations and energy suddenly crashes and it’s over. That’s the way it is and way it’s going to be for every team but one this year. That’s the NFL. It’s not going to change.
“That’s the way it is. Unfortunately, that’s where we were last night. That’s where we are today. It’s stopped. It’s over. We’re onto next year.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?
- Latest on Patriots WR Danny Amendola's Injury
- Patriots Players on Notice After 2016 Offseason Roster Moves