|Bill Belichick on season-ending loss to Ravens: ‘It was a crash landing’||01.21.13 at 10:58 am ET|
FOXBORO — Bill Belichick summed up the mood inside Gillette Stadium a day after the Patriots’ season came to an end with a 28-13 loss to the Ravens in the AFC championship.
“That’s the NFL. The last game, you play a game this time of year, you’re either [in] euphoria or it’s a crash landing,” Belichick said. “And for us yesterday, it was a crash landing. A year ago at this time, it was the other feeling.
“It’s one or the other. There’s no in between and there’s certainly no soft landing. The season is suddenly [over]. The season that is very much alive and with great hopes and expectations and energy suddenly crashes and it’s over. That’s the way it is and way it’s going to be for every team but one this year. That’s the NFL. It’s not going to change.
“That’s the way it is. Unfortunately, that’s where we were last night. That’s where we are today. It’s stopped. It’s over. We’re onto next year.”
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Report: Patriots Restructure Julian Edelman's Contract
- New England Patriots Links 5/24/13 - Chandler Jones 'Ramping Up' for Year...
- Bill Belichick and The Greatest Coaches Ever
- New England Patriots Links 5/23/13 - Amendola, Jenkins Top Receivers at...
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...