Bill Belichick on season-ending loss to Ravens: ‘It was a crash landing’
|01.21.13 at 10:58 am ET|
“That’s the NFL. The last game, you play a game this time of year, you’re either [in] euphoria or it’s a crash landing,” Belichick said. “And for us yesterday, it was a crash landing. A year ago at this time, it was the other feeling.
“It’s one or the other. There’s no in between and there’s certainly no soft landing. The season is suddenly [over]. The season that is very much alive and with great hopes and expectations and energy suddenly crashes and it’s over. That’s the way it is and way it’s going to be for every team but one this year. That’s the NFL. It’s not going to change.
“That’s the way it is. Unfortunately, that’s where we were last night. That’s where we are today. It’s stopped. It’s over. We’re onto next year.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Gronkowski, Patriots Agree to New Contract
- Pats' Notes from Week 1 of Training Camp
- Pats Closing in on Solidifying Starting O-Line
- Predicting Patriots' 1st Wave of Roster Cuts
- Top Position Battle to Watch at Pats Camp
- Judge Sets Brady's Court Date for Aug. 12
- Why Dobson Has Everything to Prove in Patriots Camp