Bill Belichick on season-ending loss to Ravens: ‘It was a crash landing’
|01.21.13 at 10:58 am ET|
“That’s the NFL. The last game, you play a game this time of year, you’re either [in] euphoria or it’s a crash landing,” Belichick said. “And for us yesterday, it was a crash landing. A year ago at this time, it was the other feeling.
“It’s one or the other. There’s no in between and there’s certainly no soft landing. The season is suddenly [over]. The season that is very much alive and with great hopes and expectations and energy suddenly crashes and it’s over. That’s the way it is and way it’s going to be for every team but one this year. That’s the NFL. It’s not going to change.
“That’s the way it is. Unfortunately, that’s where we were last night. That’s where we are today. It’s stopped. It’s over. We’re onto next year.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Week 4 Proves Why Pats Are Still in Driver's Seat
- Patriots Favored over Cowboys in Marquee Matchup
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?