CBS’ Shannon Sharpe: Bill Belichick ‘a poor sport’ for declining postgame interview
|01.21.13 at 7:03 am ET|
CBS Sports analyst Shannon Sharpe was not pleased with Bill Belichick after the Patriots coach declined to be interviewed by sideline reporter Steve Tasker following Sunday night’s AFC championship game in Foxboro.
“There’s something to be said about being gracious in defeat,” Sharpe said. “We’ve seen the New England Patriots five times in the last 12 years be victorious [in the AFC title game]. And we’ve seen the opposing coaches that lost come out and talk to our Steve Tasker. … Bill Belichick makes it real easy for you to root against the Patriots. You can’t be a poor sport all the time. You’re not going to win all the time. He does this every time he loses. And it’s unacceptable.”
Instead of Belichick, the Patriots sent defensive back Devin McCourty to tell Tasker, “They outplayed us.” Belichick did conduct his normal postgame press conference with the media, although he was his typical petulant self, providing short, unrevealing answers.
CBS paid a reported $622 million for the right to broadcast AFC games this season.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?
- Is Cannon Safe on Patriots' Roster?
- Can Garoppolo Carry Patriots in Brady's Absence?