Rob Ninkovich: Super Bowl wins don’t affect current roster
|01.21.13 at 7:20 pm ET|
FOXBORO — Rob Ninkovich didn’t mince any words when it came to discussing the Patriots’ legacy of Super Bowl titles and how it affects the current roster.
“That whole era is over with. It’s gone,” said Ninkovich of the team that won Super Bowls XXXVI, XXXVIII and XXXIX. “So this is a whole new team. It’s a different bunch of guys. We all have to experience it and learn for ourselves what it’s like. Getting in the Super Bowl last year and losing left a bad taste in my mouth.
“I would have liked to get back this year, but that wasn’t the way it happened. You take all the lessons in life and learn from them, and put your best foot forward the next year.”
Ninkovich and the Patriots suffered a 28-13 loss to the Ravens in Sunday’s AFC title game at Gillette Stadium. For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
- Week 14 Game Thread: Patriots vs. Browns
- Patriots vs. Browns: Thompkins, Hoomanawanui Both Inactive
- Belichick on Ridley, Faulk, and Ozzie Newsome
- The Best Around
- New England Patriots Links 12/06/13 - Sunday Spotlight Will Have Pats'...
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie