Report: NFL reviewing Tom Brady’s sliding kick
|01.22.13 at 9:57 am ET|
According to a tweet from ESPN, the NFL is reviewing the play late in the first half of Sunday’s AFC championship game in which Tom Brady slid to avoid a tackle but lifted his foot and made contact with Ravens safety Ed Reed.
No penalty was called on the play, but Ravens defensive back Bernard Pollard has been outspoken in saying that Brady should be disciplined.
“You have to keep them legs down,” Pollard said after the game. “We all know and understand what’s going on. As a quarterback when you go to slide we’re taught we can’t do anything. We kind of run it off. But when you come sliding, with your leg up in the air trying to kick somebody, that’s bullcrap. We talked to the ref. They saw it. You can’t deny it.”
Added Pollard on Monday (via The Baltimore Sun): “When you slide, obviously quarterbacks know when they slide, everything is on the ground. He knew what he was doing. So, I’m the type of player it has to go both ways. It really does. It has to go both ways. Hopefully the NFL will do something about. If they don’t, that’s fine. If they do, that’s fine.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Scarnecchia Has Tall Task Developing Pats' Young Offensive Line
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades