Report: Tom Brady fined $10K for slide into Ed Reed
|01.23.13 at 8:16 pm ET|
Tom Brady was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness for his cleats-up slide into Baltimore’s Ed Reed in the first half of Sunday’s AFC title game against the Ravens, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
In the final minute of the second quarter, the New England quarterback was scrambling for extra yardage when he slid, and it appeared his upraised leg hit Reed. According to Reed, Brady has since reached out to him to apologize for the incident, and Reed later added that he and Brady are “all good.”
‘I know he’s a great player,’ Reed told reporters. ‘I respect Brady and his game for all it stands for, and I know he’s not a dirty player. And emotions get going in the game.’
For more on the Patriots, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Power Rankings: Breaking Down Sunday's Action Ahead of Week 7
- Patriots vs. Bengals: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Rob Gronkowski Illness: Updates on Patriots TE's Status and Return
- Tom Brady Elects Not to Comment When Asked About Donald Trump's Leaked...
- Cincinnati Bengals vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL...
- Martellus Bennett, Chris Hogan, James White Post-Week 5 Fantasy Advice
- Patriots vs. Browns: Full Report Card Grades for New England