|Report: Tom Brady fined $10K for slide into Ed Reed||01.23.13 at 8:16 pm ET|
Tom Brady was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness for his cleats-up slide into Baltimore’s Ed Reed in the first half of Sunday’s AFC title game against the Ravens, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
In the final minute of the second quarter, the New England quarterback was scrambling for extra yardage when he slid, and it appeared his upraised leg hit Reed. According to Reed, Brady has since reached out to him to apologize for the incident, and Reed later added that he and Brady are “all good.”
“I know he’s a great player,” Reed told reporters. “I respect Brady and his game for all it stands for, and I know he’s not a dirty player. And emotions get going in the game.”
For more on the Patriots, check out weei.com/patriots.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Bill Belichick and The Greatest Coaches Ever
- New England Patriots Links 5/23/13 - Amendola, Jenkins Top Receivers at...
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...
- The Potential Importance Of Jake Ballard
- Four Missing From Second Day Of Patriots OTAs