Report: Tom Brady fined $10K for slide into Ed Reed
|01.23.13 at 8:16 pm ET|
Tom Brady was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness for his cleats-up slide into Baltimore’s Ed Reed in the first half of Sunday’s AFC title game against the Ravens, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
In the final minute of the second quarter, the New England quarterback was scrambling for extra yardage when he slid, and it appeared his upraised leg hit Reed. According to Reed, Brady has since reached out to him to apologize for the incident, and Reed later added that he and Brady are “all good.”
‘I know he’s a great player,’ Reed told reporters. ‘I respect Brady and his game for all it stands for, and I know he’s not a dirty player. And emotions get going in the game.’
For more on the Patriots, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...