Report: Tom Brady fined $10K for slide into Ed Reed
|01.23.13 at 8:16 pm ET|
Tom Brady was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness for his cleats-up slide into Baltimore’s Ed Reed in the first half of Sunday’s AFC title game against the Ravens, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
In the final minute of the second quarter, the New England quarterback was scrambling for extra yardage when he slid, and it appeared his upraised leg hit Reed. According to Reed, Brady has since reached out to him to apologize for the incident, and Reed later added that he and Brady are “all good.”
‘I know he’s a great player,’ Reed told reporters. ‘I respect Brady and his game for all it stands for, and I know he’s not a dirty player. And emotions get going in the game.’
For more on the Patriots, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...