Reports: Patriots set to add another CFL pass rusher
|01.26.13 at 5:11 pm ET|
Multiple reports now indicate that the Patriots are set to sign former Northeastern University star Jason Vega, who has played the last two seasons in the Canadian Football League with Winnipeg.
The 25-year-old Vega, a Brockton native who checks in at 6-foot-4 and 256 pounds, projects to be either a defensive end or outside linebacker at the NFL level. Vega recorded 12 sacks over the past two seasons for Winnipeg, and as a collegian at Northeastern, he finished with 41 sacks over four seasons. Vega is the second CFL player who has agreed to a deal with the Patriots over the last week — New England has also reached an agreement with former USC defensive lineman Armond Armstead.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...