Reports: Patriots set to add another CFL pass rusher
|01.26.13 at 5:11 pm ET|
Multiple reports now indicate that the Patriots are set to sign former Northeastern University star Jason Vega, who has played the last two seasons in the Canadian Football League with Winnipeg.
The 25-year-old Vega, a Brockton native who checks in at 6-foot-4 and 256 pounds, projects to be either a defensive end or outside linebacker at the NFL level. Vega recorded 12 sacks over the past two seasons for Winnipeg, and as a collegian at Northeastern, he finished with 41 sacks over four seasons. Vega is the second CFL player who has agreed to a deal with the Patriots over the last week — New England has also reached an agreement with former USC defensive lineman Armond Armstead.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
- In the Mind of Destruction
- Patriots vs. Browns Final Score: Gronkowski Injured in Dramatic 27-26...
- Halftime: Patriots Struggle Again in 1st Half, Trail Browns 6-0
- Week 14 Game Thread: Patriots vs. Browns
- Patriots vs. Browns: Thompkins, Hoomanawanui Both Inactive
- Belichick on Ridley, Faulk, and Ozzie Newsome
- The Best Around