Reports: Patriots set to add another CFL pass rusher
|01.26.13 at 5:11 pm ET|
Multiple reports now indicate that the Patriots are set to sign former Northeastern University star Jason Vega, who has played the last two seasons in the Canadian Football League with Winnipeg.
The 25-year-old Vega, a Brockton native who checks in at 6-foot-4 and 256 pounds, projects to be either a defensive end or outside linebacker at the NFL level. Vega recorded 12 sacks over the past two seasons for Winnipeg, and as a collegian at Northeastern, he finished with 41 sacks over four seasons. Vega is the second CFL player who has agreed to a deal with the Patriots over the last week — New England has also reached an agreement with former USC defensive lineman Armond Armstead.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should Patriots Give Brissett Chance to Start Week 1?
- Robert Kraft Releases Statement on Brady Not Continuing Deflategate...
- Tom Brady Accepts Deflategate Suspension, Won't Appeal to Supreme Court
- Excited by Absence of Brady, Pats' Rivals Likely to Be Disappointed Again
- Simmons Accuses Stephen A. of Blasting Brady for the NFL
- Twitter Reacts to Brady's Denied Appeal
- Brady's Request for Rehearing of Deflategate Appeal Denied