Reports: Patriots set to add another CFL pass rusher
|01.26.13 at 5:11 pm ET|
Multiple reports now indicate that the Patriots are set to sign former Northeastern University star Jason Vega, who has played the last two seasons in the Canadian Football League with Winnipeg.
The 25-year-old Vega, a Brockton native who checks in at 6-foot-4 and 256 pounds, projects to be either a defensive end or outside linebacker at the NFL level. Vega recorded 12 sacks over the past two seasons for Winnipeg, and as a collegian at Northeastern, he finished with 41 sacks over four seasons. Vega is the second CFL player who has agreed to a deal with the Patriots over the last week — New England has also reached an agreement with former USC defensive lineman Armond Armstead.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself