Reports: No surgery needed for Chandler Jones
|01.30.13 at 11:22 am ET|
Patriots defensive end Chandler Jones will not need surgery on either of his ankles, according to multiple reports. Jones, who suffered an injury to his right ankle in a Nov. 18 win over the Colts, hurt his left ankle in the divisional playoff win over the Texans on Jan. 13. After the season ended, Jones told the media he was going to meet with the team’s medical personnel later that day to see if surgery would be needed.
The rookie started strong — after his first eight games, the Syracuse product was leading the team with six sacks (including two in a loss to the Seahawks) and 11 quarterback hits. He also had three forced fumbles (including one in the first quarter of his first game as a professional), and was named AFC Rookie of the Month and NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for September. But over the last eight regular-season games — whether it was injury, scheme or the rookie wall — Jones appeared to slow. In the final eight games, he had no sacks, no forced fumbles and one quarterback hit.
For more on the Patriots, check out weei.com/patriots.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick