Reports: No surgery needed for Chandler Jones
|01.30.13 at 11:22 am ET|
Patriots defensive end Chandler Jones will not need surgery on either of his ankles, according to multiple reports. Jones, who suffered an injury to his right ankle in a Nov. 18 win over the Colts, hurt his left ankle in the divisional playoff win over the Texans on Jan. 13. After the season ended, Jones told the media he was going to meet with the team’s medical personnel later that day to see if surgery would be needed.
The rookie started strong — after his first eight games, the Syracuse product was leading the team with six sacks (including two in a loss to the Seahawks) and 11 quarterback hits. He also had three forced fumbles (including one in the first quarter of his first game as a professional), and was named AFC Rookie of the Month and NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for September. But over the last eight regular-season games — whether it was injury, scheme or the rookie wall — Jones appeared to slow. In the final eight games, he had no sacks, no forced fumbles and one quarterback hit.
For more on the Patriots, check out weei.com/patriots.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 6/19/13 - Patriots Dominate on First Down
- Police Searched Aaron Hernandez' Home For More than Two Hours
- Aaron Hernandez Questioned, Has Home Searched after Killing
- Report: Rob Gronkowski Back Surgery Completed and Successful
- Fantasy Outlook: Patriots RB Stevan Ridley
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 5
- New England Patriots Links 6/18/13 - Shane Vereen: Offense Has 'Sour...