Reports: No surgery needed for Chandler Jones
|01.30.13 at 11:22 am ET|
Patriots defensive end Chandler Jones will not need surgery on either of his ankles, according to multiple reports. Jones, who suffered an injury to his right ankle in a Nov. 18 win over the Colts, hurt his left ankle in the divisional playoff win over the Texans on Jan. 13. After the season ended, Jones told the media he was going to meet with the team’s medical personnel later that day to see if surgery would be needed.
The rookie started strong — after his first eight games, the Syracuse product was leading the team with six sacks (including two in a loss to the Seahawks) and 11 quarterback hits. He also had three forced fumbles (including one in the first quarter of his first game as a professional), and was named AFC Rookie of the Month and NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month for September. But over the last eight regular-season games — whether it was injury, scheme or the rookie wall — Jones appeared to slow. In the final eight games, he had no sacks, no forced fumbles and one quarterback hit.
For more on the Patriots, check out weei.com/patriots.
- Belichick on Ridley, Faulk, and Ozzie Newsome
- The Best Around
- New England Patriots Links 12/06/13 - Sunday Spotlight Will Have Pats'...
- Alfonzo Dennard's Sentence Extended
- New England Patriots resign WR Austin Collie
- New England Patriots Links 12/05/13 - Alfonzo Dennard to Find Out Legal...
- 2013 Week 13 Patriots Power Rankings