Linebacker Dane Fletcher signs one-year deal with Patriots
|01.31.13 at 3:33 pm ET|
Patriots linebacker Dane Fletcher has resigned with the Patriots, inking a one-year deal to remain with the team.
The 26-year-old Montana State product, who was an rookie free agent, has done a very nice job providing depth at the inside/middle linebacker spot the last two seasons, as well as working as an occasional special teamer. The 6-foot-2, 245-pounder, who was slated to become a restricted free agent, has 55 tackles (36 solo), with two sacks and a pair of passes defensed in 23 career games with New England.
He spent the entire 2012 season on the shelf after suffering a torn left ACL in New England’s preseason opener.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty
- We Remember: Butler's Game-Winning in Super Bowl XLIX
- Patriots Must Focus on Bringing Balance to Offense This Offseason
- Pats Must Use 2016 Offseason to Prep for Big 2017 FA Class
- Glenn Gronkowski to Meet with Patriots During Senior Bowl