Linebacker Dane Fletcher signs one-year deal with Patriots
|01.31.13 at 3:33 pm ET|
Patriots linebacker Dane Fletcher has resigned with the Patriots, inking a one-year deal to remain with the team.
The 26-year-old Montana State product, who was an rookie free agent, has done a very nice job providing depth at the inside/middle linebacker spot the last two seasons, as well as working as an occasional special teamer. The 6-foot-2, 245-pounder, who was slated to become a restricted free agent, has 55 tackles (36 solo), with two sacks and a pair of passes defensed in 23 career games with New England.
He spent the entire 2012 season on the shelf after suffering a torn left ACL in New England’s preseason opener.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL