Linebacker Dane Fletcher signs one-year deal with Patriots
|01.31.13 at 3:33 pm ET|
Patriots linebacker Dane Fletcher has resigned with the Patriots, inking a one-year deal to remain with the team.
The 26-year-old Montana State product, who was an rookie free agent, has done a very nice job providing depth at the inside/middle linebacker spot the last two seasons, as well as working as an occasional special teamer. The 6-foot-2, 245-pounder, who was slated to become a restricted free agent, has 55 tackles (36 solo), with two sacks and a pair of passes defensed in 23 career games with New England.
He spent the entire 2012 season on the shelf after suffering a torn left ACL in New England’s preseason opener.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video