Ravens DB Ed Reed: ‘I could definitely play for coach Belichick’
|01.31.13 at 8:35 am ET|
Patriots coach Bill Belichick has frequently discussed his appreciation for Ravens safety Ed Reed. On Wednesday, the soon-to-be unrestricted free agent made it clear he would consider giving Belichick a close-up look at his skills.
“Yeah, I could definitely play for coach Belichick,” Reed said, in response to a question about the possibility of playing in New England. “He is a great coach. I’m sure he can help me to expand my football knowledge even more as a player and as a coach. So, if I’m ever able to be around him, just like I was at the Pro Bowl, it’s huge.”
Reed’s respect for Belichick extends to his choice of clothing.
“It’s the reason why I wear my sweater cut off a little bit,” Reed said. “He’s the first guy I saw like, ‘That’s cool.’ You know, that’s cool. He cuts those sweater sleeves, and he’ll be comfortable. So there’s a reason why. Most people will tell you around the facility that’s how I look. It’s just a blessing to even have met, to know coach Belichick.”
All that said, the 34-year-old made it clear his preference would be to remain with the Ravens.
“I always said when I came into the league and got drafted that I didn’t want to be one of those guys jumping from team to team,” Reed said. “If it was up to me, I would be right in Baltimore. If it happens to be somewhere else, I can play football on the moon. I have a lot of respect for Baltimore as a city, so certain teams would probably have to be weeded out.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...