Peterson beats Peyton for NFL MVP honors
|02.02.13 at 9:19 pm ET|
Peterson, who returned from a serious knee injury at the end of the 2011 season to finish with 2,019 rushing yards, received 30 1/2 votes, beating Manning, who received the other 19 1/2 votes. The first running back since LaDanian Tomlinson to win the award, Peterson led the Vikings from a 3-13 mark to 10-6 and a wild-card playoff berth.
Manning didn’t go home empty handed: he took home the Comeback Player of the Year Award. In addition, Indy’s Bruce Arians was named Coach of the Year, while Houston’s J.J. Watt won was named Defensive Player of the Year and Peterson was named Offensive Player of the Year. Meanwhile, Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was named Offensive Rookie of the Year and former BC star Luke Kuechly was named Defensive Rookie of the Year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed
- New England Patriots: Updated Draft Big Board After First Wave of Free...
- Tyler Gaffney Released by New England Patriots
- Tom Brady Issues Statement on Recovery of Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey