Peterson beats Peyton for NFL MVP honors
|02.02.13 at 9:19 pm ET|
Peterson, who returned from a serious knee injury at the end of the 2011 season to finish with 2,019 rushing yards, received 30 1/2 votes, beating Manning, who received the other 19 1/2 votes. The first running back since LaDanian Tomlinson to win the award, Peterson led the Vikings from a 3-13 mark to 10-6 and a wild-card playoff berth.
Manning didn’t go home empty handed: he took home the Comeback Player of the Year Award. In addition, Indy’s Bruce Arians was named Coach of the Year, while Houston’s J.J. Watt won was named Defensive Player of the Year and Peterson was named Offensive Player of the Year. Meanwhile, Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III was named Offensive Rookie of the Year and former BC star Luke Kuechly was named Defensive Rookie of the Year.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- The Redemption of Josh McDaniels: Failure Taught Pats OC How to Pick His...
- Julian Edelman Comments on His Role Against Bills in Week 4
- Anthony Johnson Released by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England