Robert Kraft discusses Tom Brady’s future with Patriots
|02.02.13 at 5:30 pm ET|
Patriots owner Robert Kraft said that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady “had a remarkable year,” and would “love” it if Brady could retire as a member of the Patriots. However, he stopped short of guaranteeing that the quarterback would be in New England for the rest of his playing career.
“I think he had a remarkable year this year and I think we look at each year as it happens,” Kraft told CSSNE when he was asked about the 35-year-old Brady. “I’d love him to be here as long as he’s productive and feels he wants to play.”
Kraft was asked by Tom E. Curran about Brady’s future, as the quarterback’s current deal lasts through the 2014 season. Could he see the quarterback ever playing elsewhere?
“That’s his choice but I would surely never like to see that happen. I think what he’s done for this franchise … ” said Kraft, his voice ‘trailing off,’ according to Curran. “But once again, everything is a dual decision. But I think, somehow I feel he’ll know when it’s not right for him, and I believe he loves being a Patriot, and we sure love having him be part of our organization.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...
- Patriots Favored in Updated Super Bowl 52 Odds Ahead of 2017 NFL Draft
- After Aaron Hernandez Suicide, Victim's Family Speaks: 'I Just Started...