Robert Kraft discusses Tom Brady’s future with Patriots
|02.02.13 at 5:30 pm ET|
Patriots owner Robert Kraft said that Patriots quarterback Tom Brady “had a remarkable year,” and would “love” it if Brady could retire as a member of the Patriots. However, he stopped short of guaranteeing that the quarterback would be in New England for the rest of his playing career.
“I think he had a remarkable year this year and I think we look at each year as it happens,” Kraft told CSSNE when he was asked about the 35-year-old Brady. “I’d love him to be here as long as he’s productive and feels he wants to play.”
Kraft was asked by Tom E. Curran about Brady’s future, as the quarterback’s current deal lasts through the 2014 season. Could he see the quarterback ever playing elsewhere?
“That’s his choice but I would surely never like to see that happen. I think what he’s done for this franchise … ” said Kraft, his voice ‘trailing off,’ according to Curran. “But once again, everything is a dual decision. But I think, somehow I feel he’ll know when it’s not right for him, and I believe he loves being a Patriot, and we sure love having him be part of our organization.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Jacoby Brissett Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Thumb and Return
- Jacoby Brissett, QBs Making Their First Career Start Under Belichick Are...
- Shorthanded Patriots Send Emphatic Message That They Are Team to Beat in...
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Jacoby Brissett, Julian Edelman, LeGarrette Blount Post-Week 3 Fantasy...
- Despite Injuries, Patriots Already September's Biggest Winners in the NFL
- Houston Texans vs. New England Patriots Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick