Robert Kraft worries lawyers, agents could ‘mess up’ any new deal for Wes Welker
|02.02.13 at 12:33 pm ET|
Patriots owner Robert Kraft took a veiled shot at Wes Welker‘s representation on Friday, saying that lawyers and agents could “mess up” any new potential deal for the wide receiver.
Speaking with CSNNE in New Orleans, Kraft praised Welker — who is set to become an unrestricted free agent — but also offered a note of caution.
“I’d love him to be around, he’s a great guy,” Kraft said of Welker. “Like I said all along, it takes two sides to make a transaction and then we have to manage the lawyers and the agents that they don’t mess it up. I think Wes wants to be with us and we want him here so it’s just a matter of whether both sides can be intelligent.”
Welker, who played under the franchise tag last season, finished the year with 118 catches, 1,354 yards and six touchdowns. The 31-year-old has spent his last six seasons with the Patriots.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed