Patriots announce signing of DL Jason Vega
|02.19.13 at 9:42 am ET|
The Patriots on Tuesday announced the signing of defensive lineman/linebacker Jason Vega, following reports last month that they had come to an agreement with the Canadian Football League veteran. The Patriots had to wait until Vega was released by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers before making the signing official.
Vega, who stands 6-foot-4, 255 pounds, is a native of Brockton who played his college ball at Northeastern. The 25-year-old spent the past two seasons playing for the Blue Bombers, recording 66 tackles and 12 sacks.
At Northeastern, Vega battled through injury issues (including a broken elbow) to record 137 tackles and 14 sacks in 41 games. He was not selected in the 2010 NFL draft.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Gronkowski, Patriots Agree to New Contract
- Pats' Notes from Week 1 of Training Camp
- Pats Closing in on Solidifying Starting O-Line
- Predicting Patriots' 1st Wave of Roster Cuts
- Top Position Battle to Watch at Pats Camp
- Judge Sets Brady's Court Date for Aug. 12
- Why Dobson Has Everything to Prove in Patriots Camp