Rex Ryan: ‘We’re going to take our shots’
|02.21.13 at 11:09 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — A slightly chastened Rex Ryan addressed the media at the NFL scouting combine on Thursday, and the Jets coach — who has never been shy about making predictions in the past — was asked about the gap between the Patriots and the rest of the AFC East.
“Each year is different, [but] I can honestly say that we’re going to get our shots. We’re going to get our swings,” Ryan said Thursday afternoon. “We’re stepping up to plate with a bat in our hand and we’re not going to let any strikes go by without swinging. We are going to take our cuts. We may take a cut at a ball in the ground as well, but we are definitely going to take our cuts.
“To me, I have that vision,” he added. “Some may say, ‘Well, you’re aggressive on defense.’ I don’t think we’re close to being as aggressive as we’re going to be this year in all three phases of the game, and I’m looking forward to it. How many wins? Nobody can tell you that. But I know one thing — we’re going to take our shots.”
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
2014 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2014 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- How Big of an Impact Will Easley Make for Pats?
- Patriots' Top Offseason Moves
- Assessing Every Patriots UDFA's Chances of Making the Roster
- Projecting Patriots' Roster Battles This Offseason
- Ranking Pats' Remaining Offseason Priorities
- Early Projections for Patriots' Final 53-Man Roster
- In-Depth Look at Each Pats Draft Pick