|Rams GM Les Snead: We won’t franchise slot receiver Danny Amendola||02.22.13 at 3:42 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Rams GM Les Snead indicated Friday that St. Louis wasn’t going to hit wide receiver Danny Amendola with the franchise tag.
While that doesn’t necessarily mean he’d become available as a free agent, it certainly leaves open the possibility the Patriots would at least take a look at the slot receiver if they were unable to reach an agreement with veteran Wes Welker.
(We took a look at Amendola as a free agent possibility for the Patriots here.)
Snead, speaking with NFL.com at the scouting combine, said there were no plans to hit Amendola with the franchise tag, which would be more than $10 million. Amendola, a 5-foot-10, 186-pounder, is a 27-year-old who has had some success as a slot receiver with the Rams over the last three seasons — he had 63 catches in 11 games in 2012 and a career-high 85 catches for 689 yards and three touchdowns in 2010. However, he’s been plagued by a variety of injuries in that time, including heel, foot and clavicle problems, and has missed 20 games over the last two seasons as a result.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs
- New England Patriots Links 5/22/13 - Talib: OTAs About 'Getting Down the...
- The Potential Importance Of Jake Ballard
- Four Missing From Second Day Of Patriots OTAs
- The Top 20 Most Memorable Patriots Moments of 2012: Number 8
- New England Patriots Links 5/21/13 - Watching for Early Signs of...