Terrance Williams hasn’t met with Patriots, but could be on their radar
|02.22.13 at 1:17 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Earlier this week, Mike Mayock of the NFL Network, who is the best media mind out there when it comes to the NFL draft, said that Baylor wide receiver Terrance Williams might be a fit for the Patriots with the 29th overall pick in this year’s draft.
Speaking with the media Friday, the soft-spoken Williams said that he has yet to meet with the Patriots, and didn’t offer a guess as to where he feels he’ll end up location or slot-wise.
“I just feel like if I can continue to show my talents and keep doing what I’m supposed to do, that will speak for itself,” he said.
After losing Robert Griffin III and Kendall Wright to the NFL Last season, Williams had a career-high 97 receptions for 1,832 yards and 12 touchdowns. He measured in at 6-foot-2 and 208 pounds and has good speed for his size.
The biggest knock on him is his route-running, with ESPN’s scouting report of him stating that he “needs to be more definitive and show a more consistent finish at the top of routes.” Williams refuted that notion, saying that it’s “just a matter of time before people start seeing that I can run routes.”
Much like the quarterback class, there’s still some shuffling that figures to be done as wide receivers try to establish themselves as the best in this year’s draft. Williams figures to be in that equation, and he has the size and speed to at least catch the Patriots’ eye as they look to finally develop an early round receiver.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know