Terrance Williams hasn’t met with Patriots, but could be on their radar
|02.22.13 at 1:17 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Earlier this week, Mike Mayock of the NFL Network, who is the best media mind out there when it comes to the NFL draft, said that Baylor wide receiver Terrance Williams might be a fit for the Patriots with the 29th overall pick in this year’s draft.
Speaking with the media Friday, the soft-spoken Williams said that he has yet to meet with the Patriots, and didn’t offer a guess as to where he feels he’ll end up location or slot-wise.
“I just feel like if I can continue to show my talents and keep doing what I’m supposed to do, that will speak for itself,” he said.
After losing Robert Griffin III and Kendall Wright to the NFL Last season, Williams had a career-high 97 receptions for 1,832 yards and 12 touchdowns. He measured in at 6-foot-2 and 208 pounds and has good speed for his size.
The biggest knock on him is his route-running, with ESPN’s scouting report of him stating that he “needs to be more definitive and show a more consistent finish at the top of routes.” Williams refuted that notion, saying that it’s “just a matter of time before people start seeing that I can run routes.”
Much like the quarterback class, there’s still some shuffling that figures to be done as wide receivers try to establish themselves as the best in this year’s draft. Williams figures to be in that equation, and he has the size and speed to at least catch the Patriots’ eye as they look to finally develop an early round receiver.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video