Bill Polian: Good draft for offensive line, linebacker and safety
|02.23.13 at 1:46 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Bill Polian said this draft is well-stocked for a team looking to make additions at three different positions: offensive line, linebacker and safeties.
“This draft is a draft that I think is pretty good on the offensive line — I mean, throughout. Not just the first round. It’s pretty good on the offensive line,” said the former Colts GM at the scouting combine on Saturday afternoon. “I think there are some pretty good linebackers. I think there are some really good safeties. You probably would lean toward defense if you drew a line and said which side of the line this draft is heaviest on.”
Polian, who now works as an analyst for ESPN, said that while he’s not sure which direction the Patriots will go this year, he was impressed by what they did last spring when it came to restocking their defense with first-round picks Chandler Jones and Dont’a Hightower.
“I’m not sure which direction they’d go — they make that decision,” Polian said of New England, which holds the 29th overall pick in the draft. “They’ve done it well, making great use of all their picks — their multiple picks — to shore up the defense recently. They’ll make the right decision.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned