Bill Polian: Good draft for offensive line, linebacker and safety
|02.23.13 at 1:46 pm ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Bill Polian said this draft is well-stocked for a team looking to make additions at three different positions: offensive line, linebacker and safeties.
“This draft is a draft that I think is pretty good on the offensive line — I mean, throughout. Not just the first round. It’s pretty good on the offensive line,” said the former Colts GM at the scouting combine on Saturday afternoon. “I think there are some pretty good linebackers. I think there are some really good safeties. You probably would lean toward defense if you drew a line and said which side of the line this draft is heaviest on.”
Polian, who now works as an analyst for ESPN, said that while he’s not sure which direction the Patriots will go this year, he was impressed by what they did last spring when it came to restocking their defense with first-round picks Chandler Jones and Dont’a Hightower.
“I’m not sure which direction they’d go — they make that decision,” Polian said of New England, which holds the 29th overall pick in the draft. “They’ve done it well, making great use of all their picks — their multiple picks — to shore up the defense recently. They’ll make the right decision.”
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty
- Most Prominent Patriots on the Roster Bubble
- Report: Lombardi Leaving Pats Front Office
- What Could Ninkovich's Position Change Mean for Patriots Defense?