40-yard dash times for wide receivers
|02.24.13 at 10:02 am ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Everyone loves them some 40-yard dash times, so we’ll update this post throughout the day with the results of some guys the Patriots could potentially look at. Click on the players’ names for stories we’ve written about them at the combine. Times are unofficial.
Tavon Austin, West Virginia: 4.25, 4.31
– Austin’s an explosive guy who models his game after Wes Welker. Could be intriguing at 29th overall if he’s there. His first time is one-tenth of a second slower than Chris Johnson‘s record.
Stedman Bailey, West Virginia: 4.50
– One of the WEEI.com draft binkies this year, I’d like Bailey in the middle rounds over Austin. That time isn’t great for his size, so maybe this drops him to the third round. Had 25 touchdowns last year.
Justin Hunter, Tennessee: 4.41, 4.44
– Good time for the 6-foot-4 Hunter. A possible first-rounder.
Da’Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech: 4.52
DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson: 4.50
Terrance Williams, Baylor: 4.52
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots DT Plans to Recruit Kevin Durant to Celtics
- Patriots Feature Formidable 3-Man Pass-Rush Rotation
- Patriots File Amicus Brief Supporting Brady's Deflategate Suspension...
- Deep Battle Brewing for Roster Spots at WR for Patriots
- Robert Kraft Comments on Handling of Tom Brady's Deflategate Suspension
- Freeney Would Add No Value to Patriots Defense
- Can Malcom Brown Make 2nd-Year Jump for Patriots?