40-yard dash times for wide receivers
|02.24.13 at 10:02 am ET|
INDIANAPOLIS — Everyone loves them some 40-yard dash times, so we’ll update this post throughout the day with the results of some guys the Patriots could potentially look at. Click on the players’ names for stories we’ve written about them at the combine. Times are unofficial.
Tavon Austin, West Virginia: 4.25, 4.31
– Austin’s an explosive guy who models his game after Wes Welker. Could be intriguing at 29th overall if he’s there. His first time is one-tenth of a second slower than Chris Johnson‘s record.
Stedman Bailey, West Virginia: 4.50
– One of the WEEI.com draft binkies this year, I’d like Bailey in the middle rounds over Austin. That time isn’t great for his size, so maybe this drops him to the third round. Had 25 touchdowns last year.
Justin Hunter, Tennessee: 4.41, 4.44
– Good time for the 6-foot-4 Hunter. A possible first-rounder.
Da’Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech: 4.52
DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson: 4.50
Terrance Williams, Baylor: 4.52
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Pros, Cons of Patriots' Offensive Line Shuffling
- What's the Secret to Lewis' Sudden Stardom?
- Blount and Lewis Are Perfect 1-2 Punch in Pats Backfield
- Adjustments Patriots Must Make After Bye Week
- Where Does Brady's Hot Start Rank?
- Report: Bears Trade LB Bostic to Pats
- Taking Stock of Pats Ahead of Week 4 Bye