NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: LSU CB Tharold Simon
|03.04.13 at 11:44 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots make a selection.
Weight: 202 pounds
Achievements: 2012 Preseason All-SEC third team (media), 2012 Most Improved during LSU spring drills
What he brings: At 6-foot-2, Simon is tall for a cornerback. He has long arms and a good frame. He’s known as a big playmaker, with fluid hips and active hands throughout the route. He also has good reads and reactions as well as an aggressive mentality and is very confident in his play. The biggest question about him is his quickness.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 3 or later
Notes: In 2011, as a sophomore, Simon ranked third in the SEC with 10 pass breakups. In his junior year, he registered 45 tackles, nine pass breakups, and four interceptions. … Simon was suspended for one game in 2011 reportedly for a positive drug test. … Simon was raised by a single mother and his grandmother, and he is the father of a young child.
Related articles: The Times-Picayune: Tharold Simon isn’t worried about low draft status
Video: Here’s a look at Simon during the 2012 Chick-Fil-A Bowl vs. Clemson.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion
- Gronk Is Too Good to Be NFL's Highest-Paid TE
- Rob Gronkowski Contract: Latest News, Rumors on TE's Negotiations with...