Patriots opt not to hit anyone with franchise tag
|03.04.13 at 4:35 pm ET|
The deadline for the franchise tag came and went Monday afternoon without the Patriots using it on any one of their available players, which means wide receiver Wes Welker, right tackle Sebastian Vollmer and cornerback Aqib Talib — New England’s top three possibilities to be tagged — have between now and March 12 (the start of free agency) to work out a new deal with the Patriots or hit the open market.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned
- President Donald Trump to Host Patriots at White House on April 19
- Darrelle Revis Reportedly Expected to Return to Patriots If He Plays Next...
- Biggest Needs New England Patriots Have Yet to Address This Offseason
- Super Bowl 49 Champion Bryan Stork Retires from NFL at 26 Years Old
- Tom Brady Super Bowl 51 Jersey Theft Timeline Revealed on Video
- Photos of Tom Brady's Previously Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Revealed