Patriots opt not to hit anyone with franchise tag
|03.04.13 at 4:35 pm ET|
The deadline for the franchise tag came and went Monday afternoon without the Patriots using it on any one of their available players, which means wide receiver Wes Welker, right tackle Sebastian Vollmer and cornerback Aqib Talib — New England’s top three possibilities to be tagged — have between now and March 12 (the start of free agency) to work out a new deal with the Patriots or hit the open market.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Free-Agent OL Pats Should Target This Offseason
- FA WRs Patriots Should Target This Offseason
- Report: Montee Ball Released by Patriots
- Free-Agent RBs Patriots Should Consider This Offseason
- Free Agents That Need to Be on Patriots' Radar
- Why Big Changes Could Be Coming for Patriots at WR
- Super Bowl XXXVI: Reliving the Start of the Patriots Dynasty