NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Auburn DE Corey Lemonier
|03.05.13 at 11:30 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Defensive end
Weight: 255 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-SEC second team (coaches), 2011 All-SEC first team (coaches), 2011 All-SEC second team (AP)
What he brings: The scouting report on Lemonier indicates he has a strong overall build and still has room to grow. He plays on both sides of the formation and has a good, quick, first step. He showcases the ability to drop into a zone and attack ball-carriers in his zone. He displays very good strength and long arms to strip the ball from a ball-carrier. He shows great effort and determination, has good field vision and makes stops. He has been compared to Jaguars defensive end Andre Branch.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 3
Notes: As a sophomore in 2011, Lemonier recorded career highs in tackles (47), tackles for loss (13.5), and sacks (9.5). He got off to terrific start to his junior season, making five sacks in the first four games, but had only half of a sack in the last eight games.
Related Articles: Al.com: Corey Lemonier impresses in NFL Combine workouts
Video: Here is a package of Lemonier highlights.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Updates on Patriots Star Danny Amendola's Injuries
- Why Collins Is Patriots' Most Important 2017 Free Agent
- Biggest Issues the Patriots Will Face in 2016 Season
- Super Bowl Odds: Patriots Betting Favorites Despite Brady Suspension
- Position Battles to Watch in Patriots Training Camp
- Does Brissett Have a Chance to Be Patriots Week 1 Starter?
- Brady Is Under Too Much Pressure, and It Could Crush Pats Dynasty