NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Auburn DE Corey Lemonier
|03.05.13 at 11:30 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Defensive end
Weight: 255 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-SEC second team (coaches), 2011 All-SEC first team (coaches), 2011 All-SEC second team (AP)
What he brings: The scouting report on Lemonier indicates he has a strong overall build and still has room to grow. He plays on both sides of the formation and has a good, quick, first step. He showcases the ability to drop into a zone and attack ball-carriers in his zone. He displays very good strength and long arms to strip the ball from a ball-carrier. He shows great effort and determination, has good field vision and makes stops. He has been compared to Jaguars defensive end Andre Branch.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 3
Notes: As a sophomore in 2011, Lemonier recorded career highs in tackles (47), tackles for loss (13.5), and sacks (9.5). He got off to terrific start to his junior season, making five sacks in the first four games, but had only half of a sack in the last eight games.
Related Articles: Al.com: Corey Lemonier impresses in NFL Combine workouts
Video: Here is a package of Lemonier highlights.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Tom Brady Comments on Friendship with President Donald Trump
- Even Patriots Haters Should Marvel at Historic Greatness of Brady and Co.
- Tom Brady, Bill Belichick Clinch Record 7th Super Bowl Appearance
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots Star's Ankle and Return
- Martellus Bennett Injury: Updates on Patriots TE's Knee, Ankle and Return
- Donald Trump Addresses Robert Kraft, Tom Brady at Campaign Donors Dinner
- Patriots' No-Name Defense Has Started Making a Name for Itself