NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: San Diego State CB Leon McFadden
|03.06.13 at 11:08 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots make a selection.
School: San Diego State
Weight: 193 pounds
Achievements: 2012, 2011, 2010 All-Mountain West Conference first team, 2010, 2009 MWC All-Academic team
What he brings: McFadden has very good cover skills and is known for his quick feet and exceptional speed. He also possesses solid awareness and great hands. He had originally planned to be a wide receiver at San Diego State before switching to defense.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 3
Notes: In 2011, as a junior, McFadden deflected 17 passes, which tied him for 11th in the FBS. As a senior, he earned first-team All-Mountain West honors for the third straight year after posting 61 tackles, three interceptions and 12 passes defended. He returned two of those interceptions for touchdowns. … His father, Leon McFadden Sr., played professional baseball for nine years, including 62 games as a shortstop and outfielder for the Houston Astros between 1968 and 1970.
Related articles: San Diego Union-Tribune: Former Aztec believes NFL had two roads
2017 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2017 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brandin Cooks' Contract Option Reportedly Exercised by Patriots
- Derek Rivers Becomes 1st Player Drafted by Super Bowl Champion Patriots...
- Mike Gillislee's Patriots Contract Offer Sheet Declined by Bills
- Malcolm Butler Reportedly 'Highly Unlikely' to Be Traded Despite Saints...
- Patriots Schedule 2017-18: Game-by-Game Predictions for the Entire Season
- 2017 New England Patriots Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV...
- Chiefs vs. Patriots to Open 2017 NFL Regular Season Schedule in...