NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: San Diego State CB Leon McFadden
|03.06.13 at 11:08 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots make a selection.
School: San Diego State
Weight: 193 pounds
Achievements: 2012, 2011, 2010 All-Mountain West Conference first team, 2010, 2009 MWC All-Academic team
What he brings: McFadden has very good cover skills and is known for his quick feet and exceptional speed. He also possesses solid awareness and great hands. He had originally planned to be a wide receiver at San Diego State before switching to defense.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 3
Notes: In 2011, as a junior, McFadden deflected 17 passes, which tied him for 11th in the FBS. As a senior, he earned first-team All-Mountain West honors for the third straight year after posting 61 tackles, three interceptions and 12 passes defended. He returned two of those interceptions for touchdowns. … His father, Leon McFadden Sr., played professional baseball for nine years, including 62 games as a shortstop and outfielder for the Houston Astros between 1968 and 1970.
Related articles: San Diego Union-Tribune: Former Aztec believes NFL had two roads
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England