NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: West Virginia WR Stedman Bailey
|03.07.13 at 11:37 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to provide daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to 2013 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots to make a selection.
Position: Wide receiver
School: West Virginia
Weight: 193 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-America second team (AP), 2011 All-Big East second team (coaches)
What he brings: Bailey has established a reputation as a player who shows great physicality during his routes, using his hands and body to create separation. He displays great body control and has proven to be a very reliable target. He is an intelligent receiver who finds holes and picks up first downs. Also, his quick feet and agility in the open field makes defenders miss. Bailey has a running back-type build and is difficult to tackle, frequently picking up yards after contact.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 2 or 3
Notes: Bailey had 113 receptions in 2012 and set single-season school records for receiving yards (1,627) and touchdowns (25). He also set a WVU record for consecutive 100-yard receiving games with five. In 2011, he had 72 receptions for 1,279 yards and 12 touchdowns. As a redshirt freshman in 2010, Bailey played in all 13 games, making 24 catches for 317 yards and four touchdowns. Bailey leaves West Virginia as the school’s all-time leader in touchdown receptions with 39.
Related articles: WEEI.com: Don’t forget about Stedman Bailey
Video: Here is a package of Bailey highlights vs. Marshall, Baylor and Texas in 2012.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...