NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Iowa CB Micah Hyde
|03.11.13 at 9:43 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots make a selection.
Weight: 190 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-Big Ten first team (coaches, media), 2012 Big Ten Defensive Back of the Year, 2012 Team MVP, 2011 All-Big Ten second team (media), 2011 All-Big Ten honorable mention (coaches), 2010 All-Big Ten honorable mention (media)
What he brings: Hyde’s height, vertical and hand strength enable him to bat down jump balls and deflect passes. His length helps him avoid stiff-arms from ball-carriers, and his upper-body strength helps him rip off blocks. Hyde is an aggressive run defender and is solid at wrapping up receivers after the catch.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 3 or later
Notes: Hyde was arrested after an alcohol-related incident in Iowa City in October, and he pleaded guilty to interference with official acts. He was removed as team captain for the transgression. … Hyde finished his senior season with 78 tackles, 14 pass breakups, one interception, two forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries. … Micah’s brother Marcus was a safety at Michigan State from 2006-10.
Related articles: Hawk Central: Why Micah Hyde can play in the NFL
Video: Here’s a highlight package of Hyde.
2016 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2016 NFL DRAFT
Latest from Bleacher Report
- What Are Explanations for Patriots' Failure to Address Hole at RB?
- Patriots: Way-Too-Early 53-Man Roster and Depth Chart Predictions
- Kraft Comments on Brady's Deflategate Suspension Being Upheld
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 3 Predictions
- Patriots Mock Draft and Big Board: Updated Day 2 Predictions
- Patriots Draft Picks: Results, Analysis and Grades
- Why the 1st Round of the 2016 NFL Draft Still Matters to Patriots