NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Iowa CB Micah Hyde
|03.11.13 at 9:43 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots make a selection.
Weight: 190 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-Big Ten first team (coaches, media), 2012 Big Ten Defensive Back of the Year, 2012 Team MVP, 2011 All-Big Ten second team (media), 2011 All-Big Ten honorable mention (coaches), 2010 All-Big Ten honorable mention (media)
What he brings: Hyde’s height, vertical and hand strength enable him to bat down jump balls and deflect passes. His length helps him avoid stiff-arms from ball-carriers, and his upper-body strength helps him rip off blocks. Hyde is an aggressive run defender and is solid at wrapping up receivers after the catch.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 3 or later
Notes: Hyde was arrested after an alcohol-related incident in Iowa City in October, and he pleaded guilty to interference with official acts. He was removed as team captain for the transgression. … Hyde finished his senior season with 78 tackles, 14 pass breakups, one interception, two forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries. … Micah’s brother Marcus was a safety at Michigan State from 2006-10.
Related articles: Hawk Central: Why Micah Hyde can play in the NFL
Video: Here’s a highlight package of Hyde.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...
- 10 NFL Combine Participants New England Patriots Fans Should Know