NFL Draft’s Potential Patriots: Iowa CB Micah Hyde
|03.11.13 at 9:43 am ET|
WEEI.com will continue to offer daily insight and analysis regarding options that might be available to the Patriots when it comes to the 2013 NFL draft. Here is one is a series of profiles of players who could be on the board when it’s time for the Patriots make a selection.
Weight: 190 pounds
Achievements: 2012 All-Big Ten first team (coaches, media), 2012 Big Ten Defensive Back of the Year, 2012 Team MVP, 2011 All-Big Ten second team (media), 2011 All-Big Ten honorable mention (coaches), 2010 All-Big Ten honorable mention (media)
What he brings: Hyde’s height, vertical and hand strength enable him to bat down jump balls and deflect passes. His length helps him avoid stiff-arms from ball-carriers, and his upper-body strength helps him rip off blocks. Hyde is an aggressive run defender and is solid at wrapping up receivers after the catch.
Where the Patriots could get him: Round 3 or later
Notes: Hyde was arrested after an alcohol-related incident in Iowa City in October, and he pleaded guilty to interference with official acts. He was removed as team captain for the transgression. … Hyde finished his senior season with 78 tackles, 14 pass breakups, one interception, two forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries. … Micah’s brother Marcus was a safety at Michigan State from 2006-10.
Related articles: Hawk Central: Why Micah Hyde can play in the NFL
Video: Here’s a highlight package of Hyde.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- New England Patriots Links 6/17/13 - Leon Washington Hopes to Contribute...
- New England Patriots Links 6/14/13 - WRs: It's Amendola, Everyone Else
- New England Patriots Links 6/13/13 - Don't Expect Tom-Tim Tag Team
- Patriots Cancel Final Minicamp Practice
- Some Interesting Tim Tebow and Patriots Prop Bets
- New England Patriots Links 6/12/13 - Minicamp: Aaron Dobson Avoids...
- Austin Collie Working Out With Patriots