|NFL free agency update: Victor Cruz’s agent change not a good sign for Patriots||03.12.13 at 11:19 am ET|
Any team looking to land Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz would need to surrender a first-round draft pick, as the Giants have said they are placing a first-round tender on him. Plus, the Giants would have the option to match whatever offer Cruz receives from another team.
Combine that with the fact that Cruz recently hired Tom Condon, an agent with whom the Patriots reportedly prefer to avoid, and it appears New England will not make a run at the former UMass star, even if Wes Welker leaves New England.
Cruz had 86 receptions for 1,092 yards and 10 touchdowns last season, his third in the NFL.
Meanwhile, Steelers free agent receiver Mike Wallace, who had been tied to the Dolphins in multiple reports, might have a suitor in the Vikings, who have an opening after they agreed to trade Percy Harvin to the Seahawks. Via Jeff Darlington of NFL Network, the Dolphins believe that Wallace’s price might go as high as $13 million per year.
2013 PATRIOTS DRAFT PICKS
2013 NFL DRAFT
- Patriots Sign Fourth Round Pick Josh Boyce
- Report: Patriots Restructure Julian Edelman's Contract
- New England Patriots Links 5/24/13 - Chandler Jones 'Ramping Up' for Year...
- Bill Belichick and The Greatest Coaches Ever
- New England Patriots Links 5/23/13 - Amendola, Jenkins Top Receivers at...
- Patriots Claim OT Kevin Haslam; Waive R.J. Mattes
- Patriots Spend League High $140K In Guaranteed Money For UDFAs