Patrick Chung signs with Eagles
|03.12.13 at 8:35 pm ET|
Defensive back Patrick Chung signed with the Eagles on Tuesday, ending a four-year career with the Patriots.
The 5-foot-11, 210-pounder, who will be reunited with his former college coach, Chip Kelly, had issues with injury in his time in New England, struggling to stay on the field and starting 30 out of a possible 64 regular-season games with the Patriots. His best season was 2010, when he started 13 games (a career-high) and finished with 96 tackles (72 solo), three interceptions and nine passes defensed (all career-bests).
Chung is the second member of New England’s draft class to depart — offensive lineman Donald Thomas signed with the Colts earlier in the day.
For more Patriots news, check out weei.com/patriots.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Roger Goodell to Attend Patriots Home Opener, 1st Foxboro Trip Since...
- Robert Kraft 'Would Love' for Darrelle Revis to Return to Patriots
- Ideal Second-Round Fits for New England Patriots in 2017 NFL Draft
- Robert Kraft Discusses Restricted Free-Agent Malcolm Butler's Contract...
- Tom Brady Told Robert Kraft He'd Like to Play 6-7 More NFL Seasons
- Aaron Hernandez May Be Cleared in Double-Murder Trial Due to Deleted Text
- Robert Kraft Comments on Tom Brady's Super Bowl Jersey Being Returned