Report: Patriots lead group of teams interested in Josh Cribbs
|03.12.13 at 4:08 pm ET|
The Patriots are currently among the leaders for Cleveland’s Josh Cribbs, according to Mary-Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, and are part of a group of teams that includes the Cardinals and Niners.
The 6-foot-1, 215-pound Cribbs has value as a multidimensional offensive threat and on special teams — the Kent State product had 41 catches, 518 yards in 2011, both career highs, as well as 753 rushing yards and an average of 5.9 yards per carry. In addition, last season, he returned 38 punts for 457 yards and 43 kickoffs for 1,178 yards (27.4 yards per return). That certainly would deliver a boost to the New England return game, which averaged 21.2 yards on kickoff returns in 2012, placing it in the bottom half of the NFL.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Patriots vs. Rams: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- Tom Brady Passes Peyton Manning for Most Wins All-Time by a QB
- Danny Amendola Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Ankle and Return
- Tom Brady Injury: Updates on Patriots QB's Knee and Return
- Alan Branch Wins Suspension Appeal: Latest Details and Reaction
- Can the New England Patriots Survive Another Rob Gronkowski Absence?
- Rob Gronkowski Injury Update: TE Reportedly Will Miss 8 Weeks with Back...