Report: Patriots lead group of teams interested in Josh Cribbs
|03.12.13 at 4:08 pm ET|
The Patriots are currently among the leaders for Cleveland’s Josh Cribbs, according to Mary-Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, and are part of a group of teams that includes the Cardinals and Niners.
The 6-foot-1, 215-pound Cribbs has value as a multidimensional offensive threat and on special teams — the Kent State product had 41 catches, 518 yards in 2011, both career highs, as well as 753 rushing yards and an average of 5.9 yards per carry. In addition, last season, he returned 38 punts for 457 yards and 43 kickoffs for 1,178 yards (27.4 yards per return). That certainly would deliver a boost to the New England return game, which averaged 21.2 yards on kickoff returns in 2012, placing it in the bottom half of the NFL.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NFL Betting: Patriots vs. Giants Odds, Preseason Analysis
- Terrance Knighton Cut by Patriots: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Updates on Patriots OT Sebastian Vollmer Injury
- Latest Updates on Tom Brady's Thumb Injury
- Malcolm Mitchell Injury: Updates on Patriots WR's Elbow
- Tom Brady Comments on Suspension, Decision to Drop Deflategate Appeal
- Latest Updates on Bryan Stork's Concussion