Report: Patriots lead group of teams interested in Josh Cribbs
|03.12.13 at 4:08 pm ET|
The Patriots are currently among the leaders for Cleveland’s Josh Cribbs, according to Mary-Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, and are part of a group of teams that includes the Cardinals and Niners.
The 6-foot-1, 215-pound Cribbs has value as a multidimensional offensive threat and on special teams — the Kent State product had 41 catches, 518 yards in 2011, both career highs, as well as 753 rushing yards and an average of 5.9 yards per carry. In addition, last season, he returned 38 punts for 457 yards and 43 kickoffs for 1,178 yards (27.4 yards per return). That certainly would deliver a boost to the New England return game, which averaged 21.2 yards on kickoff returns in 2012, placing it in the bottom half of the NFL.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Josh McDaniels to Return as Patriots OC: Latest Comments and Reaction
- Patriots Picked Perfect Time to Play Imperfect Football in Win over...
- Dion Lewis vs. Texans: Stats, Highlights and Reaction
- Patriots vs. Texans: Full Report Card Grades for New England
- In Better Shape Than Ever at Age 39: Here's How Tom Brady Does It
- NFL1000: Why New England's Defense Can Carry Belichick to Another Super...
- Patriots vs. Dolphins: Full Report Card Grades for New England