NFL free agency roundup: Reggie Bush agrees to 4-year deal with Lions
|03.13.13 at 1:49 pm ET|
Bush rushed 443 times for 2,072 yards in two seasons with the Dolphins, following five years with the Saints. The 29-year-old has rushed for 4,162 yards and caught passes for 2,730 yards while scoring 48 touchdowns (29 rushing, 15 receiving, 4 returns) in his seven-year career.
The Lions reportedly told Bush he will start over Mikel Leshoure.
‘¢ The Lions also have a deal with defensive tackle Jason Jones, the player’s agent tweeted. Jones had three sacks for the Seahawks last season. In four seasons with the Titans prior to that, he recorded 15.5 sacks. The deal is reported to be for three years.
‘¢ Wide receiver Donnie Avery has landed with the Chiefs, according to ESPN. Avery caught 60 passes for 781 yards and three touchdowns last season with the Colts. He previously played for the Titans (2011) and Rams (2008-09).
‘¢ The Jaguars released wide receiver Laurent Robinson. Robinson, who received a five-year, $32 million contract a year ago after stints with the Cowboys (2011), Chargers (2011), Rams (2009-10) and Falcons (2007-08), struggled with concussion issues last season and played in just seven games, making 24 catches for 252 yards.
‘¢ The Steelers cut offensive guard Willie Colon, according to NFL.com. Colon, 29, started 62 games in Pittsburgh over the last seven seasons, but he was limited to 13 starts over the past two years due to injuries. He signed a five-year, $29 million deal in 2011.
‘¢ The Raiders have had discussions with Vince Young about bringing the quarterback in for a workout, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. Young has not found a home since his five-year stint with the Titans from 2006-10. He played 2011 with the Eagles and signed with the Bills last year but was cut in training camp.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Rob Gronkowski Says He Hopes Martellus Bennett 'Breaks the Bank' in Free...
- Rob Gronkowski Comments on Roger Goodell, Future in Football, More
- Best and Worst Moves New England Patriots Can Make This Offseason
- Bill Belichick Named Potential Witness in Aaron Hernandez's Double-Murder...
- Mike Freeman's 10-Point Stance: Patriots' Big Trade Bait, NFL's Athletic...
- Martellus Bennett Reportedly to Test Free Agency, Patriots Exit Possible
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl 51 Jersey Valued at $500,000 in Police...